Location: Williamson Pre K – 8 School (Primary Location)
The person in this position is part of the team concept in the Williamson Health and Wellness Center’s (WHWC) health delivery system in conjunction with Mingo County Schools, which is devoted to the delivery of primary and behavioral care in the school setting with emphasis on prevention and health maintenance. The primary location for this position will be located within the Williamson Pre K – 8 School. The LPN will assist the Provider in performing duties and carrying on the necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness.
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses and disabilities.
- Prepare the patient for examination.
- Keep track of students’ vaccination record and medical history updates.
- Note brief history or the reason for the visit in the patient’s chart.
- Take and record height, weight, and blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration, temperature.
- Assist the clinical staff in completing examinations and procedures as instructed.
- Completely fill out lab slips and other forms, when necessary.
- Administer medications and injections as ordered.
- Follow universal precautions to protect self and patients.
- Stock exam rooms with supplies.
- Complete MA/LPN Performance Criteria training sheet.
- Perform CLIA Waived Testing
- Under the direction of the provider in charge, takes responsibility for medical supplies and cleaning of the medical instruments and equipment.
- Write referrals for pediatricians and other health specialists.
- Maintain Vaccine for Children account
- Any other duties or responsibilities the clinical staff may assign from time to time and when the need arises.
- Must have successfully completed and graduated from an LPN program
- Must have current State of WV LPN License.
- Must have thorough education or training in the basics of medical terminology.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience working as a LPN preferred.
- Commitment to the concepts of preventive health care programs and team approach to health care delivery.
- Ability to learn about patients and their problems.
- Phlebotomy drawing certificate may be required.
- Must have a current CPR Certificate.
- Must have updated vaccinations or titers.