Location: Williamson, WV
The Medical Receptionist greets and registers patients in a professional and timely manner. The receptionist is responsible for the efficient and ethical use of electronic medical records in the clinic setting. The receptionist ensures that accurate demographic and insurance information is collected, creates patient charts/accounts, and collects and applies patient payments, all in accordance with accepted clinic procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with patients in a welcoming, courteous, and professional manner
- Schedules patients in accordance with established provider schedules and clinic protocols
- Records no‐shows and cancellations in the system and in patient records, and routes patient messages to appropriate clinical staff
- Obtains and/or verifies that current demographic information is accurate and up to date within the system
- Obtains and/or verifies insurance status and updates information in the system as needed
- Verifies insurance eligibility in accordance with established clinic procedures
- Routes phone calls to the appropriate party or takes complete, accurate messages
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality. Complies with OSHA regulations as well as all clinic safety standards
- Advises patients of clinic policies regarding scheduling, payments, no‐shows, etc. and answers questions as appropriate, advises patients to bring in necessary financial and/or insurance documentation as indicated
- Checks patients in and out, collects patient payments. Creates accounts for new patients
- Assists with filing, copying, faxing, and other clerical duties when time is available and at the direction of the supervisor
- Assists in maintaining the waiting room in a clean and orderly manner
- Participates in staff meetings, training sessions, and other meetings as directed
- Prints and copies Medical Records as requested by patients, insurance agencies, attorneys, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Experience with standard equipment including computers, copier, fax, multi‐line telephone, printers, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively multitask
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with co‐workers and function as a team member
- Experience in a medical office setting preferred