Position: Medical Assistant
The person in this position is part of the team concept in the Williamson Health and Wellness Center’s (WHWC) health delivery system, which is devoted to the delivery of primary care in an ambulatory setting with emphasis on prevention and health maintenance. Assist the R.N., L.P.N., and the clinical staff in performing their duties and carrying on the necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare patient for examination.
- Note brief history or the reason for visit in the patient’s chart.
- Take and record height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration, and temperature.
- Assist the clinical staff in completing examinations and procedures as instructed.
- Take the health history of pre-natal and family planning patients.
- Completely fill out lab slips and other forms, when necessary.
- Administer medications and injections as ordered.
- Follow universal precautions to protect self and patients.
- Assist the medical staff in patient education and family planning counseling.
- Stock exam rooms with supplies.
- Complete MA Performance Criteria training sheet.
- Perform CLIA Waived Testing
- Interpret for the clinical staff when necessary, “Spanish/English”.
- Under the direction of the nurse or provider in charge, takes responsibility for medical supplies and cleaning of the medical instruments and equipment.
- Provide HIV/Antibody counseling in accordance with established protocols and in compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Obtain laboratory samples and complete paperwork as ordered by the provider.
- Any other duties or responsibilities the clinical staff may assign from time to time and when the need arises.
- Must have successfully completed and graduated from a medical assistant program.
- Must have thorough education or training in the basics of medical terminology.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish may be required.
- Prior experience as a medical assistant is helpful.
- Ability to work with clinical staff and handle pressure from more than one provider.
- Commitment to the concepts of preventive health care programs and a team approach to health care delivery.
- Ability to learn about patients and their problems.
- Must have current CPR Certification.
There may be exposure to airborne and blood-borne pathogens and hazardous materials. This position is not eligible to be a telecommute position.
The Williamson Health and Wellness Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Persons with disabilities, veterans, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.