The person in this position is part of the team concept in the Williamson Health and Wellness Center’s (WHWC) health delivery system, which is devoted to the delivery of primary care in an ambulatory setting with emphasis on prevention and health maintenance. Assist the Provider and the clinical staff in performing their duties and carrying on the necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Prepare the patient for examination.
• Note brief history or the reason for the visit in the patient’s chart.
• Take and record height, weight, and blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration, temperature.
• Assist the clinical staff in completing examinations and procedures as instructed.
• Completely fill out lab slips and other forms, when necessary.
• Administer medications and injections as ordered.
• Follow universal precautions to protect self and patients.
• Assist the medical staff in patient education.
• Stock exam rooms with supplies.
• Complete MA/LPN Performance Criteria training sheet.
• Perform CLIA Waived Testing
• Under the direction of the nurse or provider in charge, takes responsibility for medical supplies and cleaning of the medical instruments and equipment.
• Obtain laboratory samples and complete paperwork as ordered by the provider.
• Any other duties or responsibilities the clinical staff may assign from time to time and when the need arises.
• Referrals and Medication precertification’s when needed.
• Must have successfully completed and graduated from an LPN program
• Must have current State of WV LPN License.
• Must have thorough education or training in the basics of medical terminology.
• Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior experience as a medical assistant/LPN is helpful.
• Ability to work with clinical staff and handle pressure from more than one provider.
• Commitment to the concepts of preventive health care programs and team approach to health care delivery.
• Ability to learn about patients and their problems.
• Phlebotomy drawing certificate may be required.
• Must have a current CPR Certificate.
• Must have updated vaccinations or titers.